Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: General Education Adjunct – General Biology
Department: Academic Affairs
Opening Date: April 14, 2016
Closing Date: May 31, 2016 at 5:00pm
Salary: Per Pay Schedule
Status: Exempt; Part-time
Summary of Duties:
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Academic, Academic Affairs and the General Education department chair, the adjunct instructor performs the following duties:
- Instructs students based upon the master course schedule, degree plans, student contracts, and curricula approved by the Curriculum Committee and the Vice President of Academic, Academic Affairs.
- Adjusts lesson plans and other course materials to meet the needs of students. Instructors must be sensitive to the cultures of the students they teach, learn about those cultures, and integrate culturally-appropriate and culturally-relevant material when appropriate.
- Updates and submits course syllabi to the Registrar’s Office.
- Evaluates students' progress and communicates with the student’s academic advisor when problems or issues arise.
- Monitors and reports student attendance and academic progress in the Jenzabar system on a weekly basis throughout the semester.
- Refers students to the appropriate academic supports, for student and campus services.
- Manages instructional activities according to policies and procedures of UTTC Faculty Handbook.
Must have a Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in the area they will be instructing or related field from an accredited college or university. Previous instructional experience is desirable.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.