Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Web/Graphic Designer
Department: Office of Public Information
Reports Directly To: Title III Director
Opening Date: May 12, 2016
Closing Date: June 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Summary of Duties:
- Design, improve, and regularly update the content for the College’s family of websites.
- Provides in-house graphic design with innovative designs consistent with branding.
- Produces multimedia productions to support the goals of the College (multimedia may include audio, video, online productions or print media.
- The Web/Graphic Designer will meet and consult with UTTC Staff and Faculty as required to assess College needs.
- Maintain UTTC Facebook updates, contacts and coordination.
- Analyzes traffic flows, looking for ways to increase website traffic.
- Keep abreast of industry trends including, but not limited to, color theory, typography and new technologies.
- Plan for the future changes to the website.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday – Friday with one hour for lunch. Additional hours will be required as needed to complete projects. Occasional travel may be required. Ability to lift, bend, stoop and carry computer equipment and/or other equipment as needed.
- Associate degree in Web Design or other computer related field.
- 2 Years minimum experience with Internet-based services, such as mail server administration, Intranet development, and World Wide Web publishing services.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, ASP, CSS, and Microsoft Office.
- Additional knowledge of CMS, HTML5, SQL, XML, JAVA, is required.
- Determine what content, pictures, etc. is posted to the website.
- Determine website structure
- Determine content, pictures, etc. to be posted to social media websites.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered.