Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Technician-MBDA/NWAF
Department: Institutional Resources
Reports Directly To: NWAF Director/MBDA Director
Opening Date: April 20, 2016
Closing Date: June 25, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Summary of Duties:
- Keep log of all MBDA client traffic and NWAF employers
- Schedule appointments for NWAF Director and MBDA Director
- Assist with public relations and activities relating to the programs
- Greet visitors and conducts visitors to appropriate office.
- Serves as point of contact for the MBDA and NWAF projects.
- Answer routine inquiries or schedule response calls when the directors are out of the office.
- Maintain files and database for MBDA and NWAF.
- Open departmental correspondence and log incoming mail
- Maintain or update data bases as appropriate to MBDA clients and NWAF clients and businesses.
- Maintain relationships with external MBDA clients and NWAF business/employers.
- Update program contacts to add new clients and businesses.
- Prepare travel and purchasing documents.
- Maintain statistical records for programs and prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
- Update the Jenzabar module to reflect new donors.
- Perform administrative assist functions for MBDA and NWAF programs.
- Schedule meetings as directed and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Establish a group of employers for partnerships.
- Help teach courses related to soft skill building.
- Provide support to MBDA program in the areas of emails to clients for potential contracting opportunities; updating MBDA contact list to add new clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday with one hour for lunch. May be required to meet deadlines with short notice. Must work well under stress. Occasional travel will be necessary. Will need to be able to bend, stoop and lift in the course of daily activities.
- AA Degree (bachelors preferred) in office technology, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in office environment; Must have a strong knowledge of filing methods, efficient keyboarding, good punctuation and grammar skills. Knowledge of Jenzabar preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered.