Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Transportation Development Specialist
Department: Northern Plains Tribal Technical Assistance Program
Reports Directly To: Northern Plains TTAP Director
Opening Date: April 11, 2016
Closing Date: May11, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Status: 12 Month; Exempt
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Researching and evaluating existing curriculum materials for flagger training, CDL training, etc.
- Classroom testing of materials produced as part of the project for students, agencies, etc.
- Making revisions in response to field-testing of materials for improvement.
- Making presentations at conferences, workshops promoting the project via oral, power point presentations, video, etc.
- Review materials written by transportation specialists that are related to the training project.
- Working with computer programs to develop material for on-line training.
- Establishing a networking relationship with tribal transportation planners to solicit their ideas in the development of the curriculum materials.
- Working knowledge of the Tribal Transportation Program (TTP) and/or transportation planning.
- Will begin to develop, implement and evaluate strategies toward the Tribal Technical Assistance Program, in coordinating, communicating and cooperating with all agencies regarding the Tribal Transportation Program (TTP).
- All other duties as assigned.
Provide training and technical assistance to the Tribes in ND, SD, MT, WY, and northern NE.
General office conditions. Extensive travel is required that is concentrated in a five state region. Some work in the outdoors to review roads and other transportation facilities.
Must to able to sit long periods of time. Must be able to carry computer case with associated gear. Must be able to stand in front of large groups of people.
- An Associate Degree with three to five years’ experience working directly in transportation or related fields. In lieu of degree, consideration will be given to applicants with five or more year’s Tribal Transportation planning experience.
- Ability to work with Native American communities, agencies within county, state, regional and national and other transportation entities. Possess good oral and written communication skills. An ability to establish good working relationships with tribal officials, transportation personnel and other agency representatives. An ability to make effective presentations in Native American communities, agencies and related organizations. A strong back ground in computer preferable Microsoft Office.
- Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered.