Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title:Licensed Practical Nurse / Transport Driver
Department: Student Health Center
Reports Directly To: Student Health Center Director
Opening Date: April 22, 2016
Closing Date: May 20, 2016 at 5:00 pm
JOB SUMMARY: To provide professional customer service and provide transportation for the Student Health Center. Provide Comprehensive Medical Services to students and/or dependents according to the Student Health Center’s scope of work under the Indian Health Service Contract. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Student Health Center.
Performs the following duties:
- Advise the Director of Student Health Center in short and long-term planning, in support of the Student Health Center Strategic Plan.
- Remain current and adhere to legal requirements that affect students in higher education, i.e. FERPA, HIPAA, ADA, and/or all governing guidelines related to the UTTC community.
- Prepare and submit accurate reports, documentation, correspondence, and Health Education awareness & Disease Prevention in a timely manner.
- To actively participate in the “high risk” crisis management team that provides holistic services in meeting the individual need(s) of the student and in support of their family system.
- To assist the Director in the implementation and/or enhancement of professional development opportunities.
- To interact with networking systems on/off campus.
- Nursing assessment and examination of students and/or their dependents which may include dressing changes, acute illness or injuries and obtaining baseline vital signs with necessary medical referrals and follow-up appointments to local health, dental, eye clinics or hospitals while maintaining confidentiality.
- To assist the Director in providing program assurance for overall Student Health Center.
- Dispense over the counter medications per standing orders of the Student Health Center Medical Standing Orders manual and provide if necessary authorization slips to students and /or their dependents to obtain prescriptions from a local pharmacy.
- Arrange transportation services for students who require medical attention at a Bismarck Medical facility or to the nearest Indian Health Service Clinic.
- To provide nursing medical treatment or medical advice/referral after-hours during on-call rotation.
- To assist the Director in the ordering and to administer vaccines/immunizations, and input records on the ND state system. (THOR).
- Perform glucose monitoring, dipstick urinalysis, cholesterol and hemoglobin screening, and pregnancy tests as needed.
- Performs vision, dental, and (scoliosis grades 5-8) screenings of preschool and elementary children with referrals if necessary.
- Performs quarterly pediculosis screenings at Elementary school and preschools, or as necessary with follow up screenings and dispensing of shampoo and combs if necessary.
- To assist the Director in planning of workshops, health screenings/fairs for the school year related to subjects such as HIV/AIDS awareness day, etc.
- To assist the Director in providing CPR/First Aid/AED and in-service training to campus personnel as needed. (Security, RA’s, Daycare, Cafeteria, etc.). Perform CPR/First Aid/AED services on an emergency basis.
- To assist the Director in performing inventory and ordering of all health center supplies.
- Maintaining and performing general infection control measures of self, exam rooms and offices.
- Maintaining and promoting general safety practices pertaining to blood borne pathogens and sharps handling and disposal as well as biohazard materials and expired medications.
- Will be responsible to transport students and/or their dependent to Ft. Yates clinic twice a week or as needed.
- Will be responsible to transport students and their dependents to medical appointments locally, if necessary.
- Assures that all passengers are properly secured in car seats and/or seat belts.
- If medically necessary and approved by Student Health Center pick up prescriptions at the nearest Indian Health Service.
- Helps accrue data for monthly reports which includes: number of transports per month; number of patients per month; number of no shows.
- Issues vehicles with authorization as requested by staff.
- Helps maintain performance and upkeep of vehicles and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General office nurse conditions. Normal working hours are from 11:00 am until 8:00 pm with one hour for lunch. Will need to work additional hours as the need arises. Will need to occasionally travel to attend workshops and/or conferences. Position will require working an occasional evening and weekend and early transportation to Ft. Yates clinic.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. bending, standing and walking across the campus. Ability to handle emergency situations.
- A graduate of a Licensed Practical Nurse program.
- Current North Dakota LPN license.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor Certified or obtained within 3 months of hire.
- Applicant must have a valid N.D. driver’s license in good standing and must supply driver’s license abstract from the Department of Motor Vehicle office.
- Will need to have an acceptable motor vehicle record. A copy of driver’s license and a verification of driver’s record from the North Dakota Department of Motor Vehicle.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered.