Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Director of Student Health Center
Department: Student Health Center
Reports Directly To: Director of Community Wellness
Opening Date: February 4, 2016
Closing Date: May 11, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Status: Exempt; 12 Month
Salary: $26 -$28 DOE
To provide professional customer service. Oversee the Student Health Center’s scope of work under the Indian Health Service. Provide Comprehensive Medical Services to students and/or dependents according to the Student Health Center’s scope of work under the Indian Health Service Contract.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Manage, supervise and conducts employees performance reviews.
- Advise the Director of Community Wellness in short and long-term planning, in support of the Student Health Strategic Plan.
- Remain current and adhere to legal requirements that affect students in higher education, i.e. FERPA, HIPAA, ADA, and/or all governing guidelines related to the UTTC community.
- Project, develop, and manage operational budget(s).
- Prepare and submit accurate reports, documentation, correspondence, and Health Education Awareness and Disease Prevention in a timely manner.
- To actively participate in the “high risk” crisis management team that provides holistic services in meeting the individual need(s) of the student in support of their family system.
- To implement and/or enhance professional development opportunities.
- To cooperatively interact with networking systems on/off campus.
- Nursing assessment and examination of students and/or their dependents which may include dressing changes, acute illness, or injuries, and obtaining baseline vital signs with necessary medical referrals and follow-up appointments to local health, dental, eye clinics, or hospitals while maintaining confidentiality.
- Provides program assurance for overall Student Health Center.
- Dispense over the counter medications per standing orders of the Student Health Center Medical Standing Orders manual and provide the necessary authorization slips to students and/or their dependents to obtain prescriptions from a local pharmacy.
- Arrange transportation services for students who require medical attention at a Bismarck Medical facility or to the nearest Indian Health Service Clinic.
- Orders and to administers vaccines/immunizations, and input records on the ND state system (THOR).
- Performs glucose monitoring and pregnancy tests as needed.
- Performs vision and dental screenings at Theodore Jamerson Elementary School for all grades, with referrals as needed and Scoliosis screenings for grades 5-8, with referrals as needed.
- Planning of workshops, health screenings/fairs for the school year related to subjects such as HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, etc.
- Perform inventory and ordering of all health center supplies.
- Maintaining and performing general infection control measures of self, exam rooms, and offices.
- Maintaining and promoting general safety practices pertaining to blood borne pathogens and sharps handling and disposal, as well as biohazard materials and expired medications.
- Will assist the Safety Director or department on occasion and as needed.
- Completes all necessary training and data entry in Electronic Health records system.
- Completes all necessary intake forms on clients.
- Assist Domestic Violence Advocate with supportive services to students.
- Complete Navigator training and aid students with enrollment into the national healthcare system.
- Other duties as assigned.
General office conditions, to include examination room and medical records area. Emergency calls to other campus areas as needed. Working hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm with one hour for lunch. May need to work additional hours as the need arises. Will need to occasionally travel to attend workshops and/or conferences.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs, bending, standing and walking across campus. Ability to handle stressful emergency/crisis situations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Nursing.
- Current North Dakota Registered Nursing License.
- 2 years Supervisory experience.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certified
- Preferred Master’s Degree of Science in Nursing.
- Currently Licensed registered Nurse in North Dakota.
- 3 years Management Experience.
- Experience with Indian Health Service.
- Emergency Room experience.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered.