Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Men's Resident Assistant
Reports Directly to: Residential Life Director
Department: Residential Life
Opening Date: April 20, 2016
Closing Date: July 15, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Status: Full-time Non-exempt
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Academic Year position – Nine (9) month position. Full-time position.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The RA works to create and maintain a healthy environment for the academic and personal growth of the students within their assigned living unit. In carrying out his or her duties, the RA is expected to treat students, supervisors, and fellow employees with courtesy and respect.Under the direct supervision of the Resident Hall Director
- Visits with students on an informal basis regarding school and social life.
- Works with students to insure the up-keep of individual rooms.
- Informs Director in writing of any problems, social or otherwise, students may be experiencing.
- Report emergencies and monitor the situation and possibly refer residents as appropriate to respective campus services.
- Monday through Sunday, secures hall at designated times, and inspects hall for alcoholic beverages, drugs and unauthorized guests.
- Inspects hall on a daily basis for cleanliness, supplies and needed repairs.
- Work cooperatively with residents to ensure an environment that displays respect for the rights and privacy of others and promotes consideration of individual needs in a group living environment.
- Act as a positive role model both for fellow staff members and residents by not participating in questionable or unethical behavior.
- Assigns rooms.
- Thoroughly reviews the Resident Hall Regulations individually with each new dorm resident.
- RA Trainings and RA meetings are mandated.
- Must have the ability to keyboard.
- Maintain shift log in the strictest confidence.
- Notifies Security of those students not checked in when the doors are locked.
- Organize resident hall activities and be staff sponsor for Resident Hall Council.
- Perform housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Often makes decisions regarding dorm assignments and daily Resident Hall operation. Must be able to write reports concerning incidents, and activities in the Resident Hall.
Supervision of student work-study & student Leadership through Experience workers.
Position requires working evenings, weekends and holidays; and working with residents of a variety of ages and personalities. The ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
A High School Diploma or GED. Experience in the management of Residential Life within an academic setting preferred, but not required. A willingness to be trained in the needs of the position and department. Applicant will need a favorable back ground check and drug and alcohol check
Position requires applicant certified in CPR/ First Aid, if applicant does not possess CPR/First Aid, must be willing and able to obtain one within 90 days of UTTC employment.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered.