Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Elementary School Speech Language Pathologist
Department: Theodore Jamerson Elementary School
Reports Directly To: Theodore Jamerson Elementary School Principal
Opening Date: April 26, 2016
Closing Date: August 1, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $Per Salary Schedule
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
1. Responsible for speech and language services for K-8th grade students.
2. Communicate with parents and staff as to the instructional methods that meet the students’ needs.
3. Follow up on referrals from parent and Student Teacher Assistance Team (STAT), and review pertinent student related information;
4. Follow Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) guidelines for Special education assessment, placement and development/implementation of Individual Educational Plan (IEP);
5. Follows established record filing system (including requesting records) & IEP timelines;
6. Responsible for Speech/Language diagnostic assessment of referred students and written report.
7. Maintain a close working relationship with TJES staff and administration.
8. Set up schedule(s) for Speech/Language instruction.
9. Arrange for audiological screenings (Fall) and arrange follow up screenings as necessary for TJES Students.
10. Utilize Response To Intervention (RTI) & Team approach philosophy.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Work in an elementary school setting. Normal working hours from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. (closed for lunch)
Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology. North Dakota Department of Public Instruction Education Professional License.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or member ship or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered.