Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Residential Life Custodian
Department: Residential Life
Department: Residential Life Director
Opening Date: April 21, 2016
Closing Date: May 12, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Status: Non-Exempt; 12 month
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Clean and minor maintenance the August Little Solider (ALS) apartment and Solo Dorm complexes, such as, laundry rooms which would include lint traps, wipe off washer and dryers, clean window, doors, sweep and mop, take out trash, and pick up the yard on a daily basis.
- Report vacancies, tenant damage, wear and tear maintenance work, plumbing, heating/cooling issues, windows/blind replacements, snow removal, vehicle removal, furniture replacements or removal of any other maintenance. To Security for emergency situations. Reports shall be made within a timely manner and immediately for dangerous situations.
- Clean inside of the UTTC Houses, Solo Dorms, ALS, and Kateri Hall, Units On Campus, and UTTC Washington Court apartments off campus, such as, disinfect and mop floors, walls, shampoo carpets and furniture, wipe windows, clean stoves, clean refrigerators, toilets, sinks, cupboards, etc.
- Clean outside of the UTTC On Campus Houses, such as, wipe off graffiti and mud. Pick up and remove any debris, outside units, complexes, and around campus, when needed. Move/haul storage items when needed.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Attend safety meetings and other related meetings.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, CPR, and working relationships.
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Perform related duties as required.
Position requires lifting, stooping, crawling, and climbing in the performance of duties. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. with one hour for lunch break. There will be overtime as the need arises.
- Qualified applicant will have a high school diploma or equivalent and one year cleaning or housing experience.
- Must have a current License and a clear driving record