Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title:Chemical Health Center Addiction Counselor II
Department: Chemical Health Center
Reports Directly To: Chemical Health Center Director
Opening Date: April 22, 2016
Closing Date: May 20, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Status: Exempt; 12 Month
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Provides counseling services, clinical supervision duties and serves as trainee supervisor.
- Advise the CHC Director in short and long-term planning, in support of the Chemical Health Center's Strategic Plan.
- Remain current and adhere to legal requirements that affect students in higher education, i.e. FERPA, HIPAA, ADA, and Addiction Code of Ethics, Social Work Code of Ethics and/or all governing guidelines related to UTTC community.
- Prepare and submit accurate reports, documentation and correspondence in a timely manner.
- To implement and/or enhance professional development opportunities to maintain licensure/certification.
- Interviews students for the purposes of arriving at diagnostic assessment of needs.
- Administers and interprets projective tests on addiction assessment.
- Counsels students individually and/or in groups as needed.
- Develops treatment plans and other required forms for assigned students.
- Provides Anger Management and Aftercare sessions for assigned students.
- Works with Counseling, Admissions, Security and other departments as needed.
- Completes and develops all necessary paper work and reports as required.
- Serves as an advocate for students, representing them at disciplinary hearings and with outside agencies.
- Provides substance abuse presentations and trainings for other departments and /or classes or individuals.
- Administers and maintains the Accu Care system as required by Indian Health Service.
- Provides clinical supervision to Chemical Health Center staff.
- Supervises and provides quality assurance review for the student files as required by Indian Health Services.
- Develops and completes assigned administrative tasks delegated by the Chemical Health Center Director.
- Works with United Tribes Technical College departments and outside agencies regarding the retention, graduation, employability, continuing care and/or referral of students.
- Implements, develops and participates in Chemical Health Center prevention/education activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Office Conditions. Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch. Will be required to be on call some evenings and weekends. Will need to be able to travel to various workshops and conferences with overnight stays for training. Will need to be able to walk up and down stairs, bend, stoop and lift in the course of duties.
- Five (5) years full-time paid professional experience in addiction counseling.
- Must be a Certified Addiction Counselor with the International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium Level III and/or Licensed Addition Counselor (LAC).
- Must have three (3) years of continuous sobriety if a recovering alcoholic or drug addict.
- Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle record.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have an open mind in the approach to substance abuse.
- Must be able to diagnose alcohol or drug and related problems.
- Must be familiar with State, IHS, and Tribal policies.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered.