Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: PT Temporary Residential Life Custodian (2 Positions)
Department: Residential Life
Reports Directly To: Residential Life Director
Opening Date: May 11, 2016
Closing Date: May 25, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Status: Non-Exempt, Part Time 120 days/ 29 hrs. per week
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Clean and minor maintenance the August Little Solider (ALS) apartment and Solo Dorm complexes, such as, laundry rooms which would include lint traps, wipe off washer and dryers, clean window, doors, sweep and mop, take out trash, and pick up the yard on a daily basis.
- Report vacancies, tenant damage, wear and tear maintenance work, plumbing, heating/cooling issues, windows/blind replacements, snow removal, vehicle removal, furniture replacements or removal of any other maintenance. To Security for emergency situations. Reports shall be made within a timely manner and immediately for dangerous situations.
- Clean inside of the UTTC Houses, Solo Dorms, ALS, and Kateri Hall, Units On Campus, and UTTC Washington Court apartments off campus, such as, disinfect and mop floors, walls, shampoo carpets and furniture, wipe windows, clean stoves, clean refrigerators, toilets, sinks, cupboards, etc.
- Clean outside of the UTTC On Campus Houses, such as, wipe off graffiti and mud. Pick up and remove any debris, outside units, complexes, and around campus, when needed. Move/haul storage items when needed.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Attend safety meetings and other related meetings.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, CPR, and working relationships.
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Perform related duties as required.
Position requires lifting, stooping, crawling, and climbing in the performance of duties. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. with one hour for lunch break. There will be overtime as the need arises.
Qualified applicant must have one year cleaning or housing experience.Driver’s License preferred but not required.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indianpreference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service, if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered.